Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Welcome To Brooklyn




My First Pad in New York City (Upstairs) 14 Steuben St. Brooklyn, NY

When I moved out to New York I had no idea what my living situation was going to be. I came out here solo so knew I was looking at finding roommates; in a city of 15 million, the task seemed daunting. Nontheless, in a short matter of time I was walking my stuff up the stairs into a two story warehouse across the street from the Brooklyn Naval Yard on the Fort Greene side. I had found a guy who ran his own high end photo print lab and was looking for somone to fill one of the "side lofts" in the space.

I lived here for 10 months... Within learning firsthand the pros and cons of living in a commercial space, I redevloped my love for long underwear and wool socks.


Park Ave. alongside the Brooklyn Queens Expressway. Catch the B61 Bus from here to Downtown Brooklyn or up into Williamsburg.






Below the BQE, "The Steel Canopy"
The Brooklyn neighborhood of Clinton Hill is not too far from Steuben, just a nice stroll beneath the BQE and a block up Grand St. and whalla!...Myrtle Ave. Grocrey Stores, Unisex Salons, Jewish Deli's and enough bodegas to keep everyone and their monther stocked with beer blunts and lotto tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment